Sunday, February 27, 2011

Creative Food Preparation

So I bought some yogurt yesterday.  I don't normally eat yogurt, I never liked the sourness of it.  However, now that I have braces the game rules have changed.  I need something to have as a quick snack at work that won't require major clean up afterwards.  This came out fantastic! Mine is a vegan version. Here is the recipe:

Vanilla Soy Yogurt (I used Whole Soy & Co.)  topped with:

About 7 frozen strawberries
1/2 a sweet apple
1 TBSP of lemon juice
1 TBSP of honey, sugar, or sweetener of choice (you can adjust to your taste)
1/4 cup water for blending.

I put the strawberries, apple, lemon juice and sweetener in my Vitamix blender and blended until smooth.  Pour over the yogurt.  I had enough to ration out for 3 large servings.  Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment