Saturday, February 26, 2011

To blog or not to blog?

I know there are many blogs about being an adult and getting braces.  I read some and enjoyed being able to relate to the experience.  However, it didn't feel like enough.  I had to vent.  My facebook friends got tired of my whining after 3 or 4 posts.  So I thought I needed a blog.  I don't want to be a complainer, I hate that about people.  But I am experiencing something new and uncomfortable and have no one to talk about it with.  So this is my journal.  I hope you enjoy it, but ultimately I'm writing it for myself.

As I began to toy with the idea of a blog, I thought about what would make mine unique.  Well, I'm vegan and I have braces.  Hmmm....well, actually I wanted to be able to write about more than that. I want to write about my own self image.  I want to talk about what the experience of being a woman in her 30's in southern California is like.  California, the land of sunshine and movie stars.  A place where it seems even more important to always look your best.

At first I felt like it was self important or pretentious to have a blog.  Why would anyone care what I have to say? I'm still not sure.  I know I enjoy reading, and I've always enjoyed journaling, but was afraid someone would find my journal and read it. It's so ironic that when I blog, the whole world can read it, but I can remain completely anonymous to my closest friends and family.  So this is our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment