Sunday, March 13, 2011

First restriction broken!

I went out last night with a group of friends.  We were at a bar/club, it was fun.  I didn't feel so self conscious about my braces.  But then....they wanted to get a bite to eat afterwards.   Ok, I can't eat in public since I got my braces.   So I looked at the menu, which only had salad as a vegan option anyway.  Decided to order tea.  It was cold, about 2 a.m., and I thought Chamomile tea would warm me up a bit while my friends sobered up with their nachos and fries.  Then it hit me, my dentist clearly restricted me from drinking hot tea!  I don't know if it is the heat or the tea itself that is prohibited.  I drank it anyway, and all night I was worried that the tea had loosed my brackets somehow. 

This morning I googled and found a great recipe for a dessert that is moist and easy to chew.  Vegan Spice Cake to the rescue.  It is so delicious and perfectly chewable.  Highly recommend it, vegan or not, braces or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment