Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I like them!

I'm starting to get used to my braces.  I don't wake up drooling on the pillow anymore.  I don't wake up with my lips dry and stuck to my braces anymore.  Finally, I'm getting used to my lisp.  I am starting to like having braces!

Of course I still miss eating.  But I made an apple pie, and it is so soft, I can indulge no problem.  Being able to eat pie kind of makes up for not being able to have burritos and sandwiches.

I have had them for 6 days today.  Someone complimented my color choice of ligs today.  A compliment! I don't look like a freak!  My co-workers haven't even commented for the most part.  The ones that did, say they didn't think I had a need for them anyway.  People are being so nice.  I feel really grateful and a bit silly for being so self conscious.  It was just such a huge change to me when I looked in the mirror.  But now I'm thankful for them, for the work they are doing, and that I can even afford them.  Total turn around, I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment